Apply for a CityDAO Grant
Applications will be evaluated according to the questions on the form below. NOTE however that in the CONCLUSION section of the form you may upload supplementary materials, and for any given question you may refer to those materials. For example, some founders/projects may already have a comprehensive deck that answers one or more of the form questions; in that case, in the relevant answer box(es), just write "refer to [filename / page #]."
- Grant applications will first be reviewed for eligibility. If found ineligible, the grant application will be rejected without further evaluation. You may be invited to resubmit with clarification
- Applications are then reviewed by three members of the Grants Committee. These evaluators will score applications based on the points system outlined in the form below. If the application scores a 75 or above, it will be deliberated by the committee. If the application scores a 74 or below, it will be rejected with or without comments and/or request for clarification.
- Final grantees will be decided by a Grants Committee vote.
- There is no minimum grant amount; the maximum is $20K.
- The cash flow schedule will be determined by the Grants Committee, in conjunction with founders, and may differ from project to project.
- The project has not received previous grants from CityDAO.
- The project has at a minimum some proof-of-concept, such as an app with basic functionality, a demonstrated user base, or a community.